Tel: +39 081 7177 113
Fax: +39 081 2396097
- My major research interests are in mechanical reliability modeling and related statistical topics, mainly oriented towards the analysis of repairable systems and the modelling of deterioration phenomena, and mainly applied to vehicles and transport systems.
- Recent works deal with the reliability-growth analysis of locomotive electrical equipment, the failure modeling of cylinder liners in naval Diesel engines, and the failure process modeling of powertrain systems of fleets of buses.
Main Scientific Publications
- J. H. Cha, M. Guida, G. Pulcini. A competing risks model with degradation phenomena and catastrophic failures. International Journal of Performability Engineering, 10 (1), 2014, pp. 63–74.
- G. Pulcini. A model-driven approach for the failure data analysis of multiple repairable systems without information on individual sequences. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 62 (3), 2013, pp. 700–7143 (DOI: 10.1109/TR.2013.2273040).
- M. Guida, G. Pulcini. The inverse Gamma process: a family of continuous stochastic models for describing state-dependent deterioration phenomena. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 120, 2013, pp. 72–79 (DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2013.03.013).
- M. Guida, F. Postiglione, G. Pulcini. A time-discrete extended gamma process for time-dependent degradation phenomena. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 105 (9), 2012, pp. 73–79 (DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2011.12.016).
- M. Guida, G. Pulcini. A continuous-state Markov model of state- and age-dependent degradation processes. Structural Safety, 33 (6), 2011, pp. 354–366 (DOI: 10.1016/j.strusafe.2011.06.002).
- M. Giorgio, M. Guida, G. Pulcini. An age- and state-dependent Markov model for degradation processes. IIE Transactions, 43 (9), 2011, pp. 621–632 (DOI: 10.1080/0740817X.2010.532855).
- M. Giorgio, M. Guida, G. Pulcini. A state-dependent wear process with an application to marine engine cylinder liners. Technometrics, 52 (2), 2010, pp. 172–187 (DOI: 10.1198/TECH.2009.08092).
- D. Bocchetti, M. Giorgio, M. Guida, G. Pulcini. A competing risk model for the reliability of cylinder liners in marine Diesel engines. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 94 (9), 2009, pp. 1299–1307 (DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2009.01.010).
- M. Guida, G. Pulcini, M. Vianello. Early inference on reliability of upgraded automotive components by using past data and technical information. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 139 (5), 2009, pp. 1604–1618 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jspi.2007.08.008).
- G. Pulcini. Repairable system analysis for bounded intensity functions and various operating conditions. Journal of Quality Technology, 40 (1), 2008, pp. 78–96.