Tel: +39 081 7177 210
Fax: +39 081 2396097
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Transportation modes
- Evaluation of motor vehicle emission factors
- Pollutant emissions and fuel consumption of two- and four-wheelers vehicles. Chassis-dynamometer testing
- On-board exhaust emissions measurement from vehicles (cars, motorcycles, trucks, ships, loco)
- Evaluation of emission behavior of vehicles in real use
- Performance of after-treatment devices for IC engines
- Use of alternative fuels for automotive (biodiesel, CNG; H2/CNG blends, LPG, ethanol, vegetable oils, emulsions)
- Measurement of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, N2O)
- Characterization of unregulated emissions (PAHs, benzene, VOCs, carbonyl compounds, particulate)
- Air quality monitoring and in-situ pollutant measurements by using a mobile laboratory
- MIUR PON01_00744 – “DRIVE IN 2” Metodologie, tecnologie e sistemi innovativi di Driver Monitoring a bordo veicolo per una guida sicura ed eco-compatibile
- FP7 EU BEAUTY PROJECT (2009-2011), “Bio-Ethanol engine for advanced urban transport by light commercial and heavy-duty captive fleets”
Main Scientific Publications
- M. A. Costagliola; F. Murena; M. V. Prati (2014). Exhaust emissions of volatile organic compounds of powered two-wheelers: Effect of cold start and vehicle speed. Contribution to greenhouse effect and tropospheric ozone formation. Science of the total environment, 468–469 (2014) 1043–1049.
- F. De Nicola, F. Murena, M. A. Costagliola, A. Alfani, D. Baldantoni, M.V. Prati, L. Sessa, V. Spagnuolo, S. Giordano (2013). A multi-approach monitoring of particulate matter, metals and PAHs in an urban street canyon. Environmental science and pollution research, 20 (7), 2013, 4969-4979.
- A. Mariani, M. V. Prati, A. Unich, B. Morrone (2013). A multi-approach monitoring of particulate matter, metals and PAHs in an urban street canyon. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 38 (2013), 1616-1623.
- M.A. Costagliola, L. De Simio, S. Iannaccone, M.V. Prati (2013). Combustion efficiency and engine out emissions of a S.I. engine fueled with alcohol/gasoline blends. Applied Energy 111 (2013) 1162–1171.
- M. Seggiani, M.V. Prati, M.A. Costagliola, M. Puccini, S. Vitolo (2012). Bioethanol–gasoline fuel blends: Exhaust emissions and morphological characterization of particulate from a moped engine. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 62(8):888–897, 2012.
- Mazzarella G., Esposito V., Bianco A., Ferraraccio F., Prati M.V., Lucariello A., Manente L., Mezzogiorno A., De Luca A. (2012). Inflammatory effects on human lung epithelial cells after exposure to diesel exhaust micron sub particles (PM1.0) and pollen allergens. Environmental pollution, 161:64–69, 2012.
- Buono D., Senatore A., Prati M.V. (2012). Particulate filter behaviour of a Diesel engine fueled with biodiesel. Applied Thermal Engineering, 49 (2012) 147-153.
- De Nicola F., Lancellotti C., Prati M. V., Maisto G., Alfani A. (2011). Biomonitoring of PAHs by using Quercus ilex leaves: source diagnostic and toxicity assessment. Atmospheric environment, 45 (2011) 1428-1433.
- Joumard R., Laurikko J., Le Han T., Geivanidis S., Samaras Z., Merétei T., Devaux P., André J.-M., Cornelis E., Lacour S., Prati M.V., Vermeulen R., Zallinger M. (2009). Accuracy of exhaust emission factor measurements on chassis dynamometer. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 59:695–703, 2009.
- Cardone M., Prati M.V., Rocco V., Seggiani M., Senatore A., Vitolo S (2002). Brassica carinata as an alternative oil crop for the production of biodiesel in Italy: engine performance and regulated and unregulated exhaust emissions. Environmental science & technology, 36 (2002) 4656-4662.